Aledo Ladycats JV at Brewer Tournament, Time TBA
The Community News • P.O. Box 1031 • 203 Pecan Dr. • Aledo, TX 76008 • 817-441-7661 • FAX: 817-441-5419
One of the hottest, driest summers in history is beginning to take its toll on local water supplies.
All local communities have enacted some form of water restrictions. The latest to join is the City of Aledo, which enacted Stage I of its Drought Contingency Plan effective Friday, July 15.
Willow Park is under Stage IV of its Water Conservation Plan.
Hudson Oaks has been under Stage II of its plan.
Deer Creek is under Stage III.
Hudson Oaks Assistant City Administrator Patrick Lawler pointed out that the area’s rainfall is the lowest in 116 years.
“It’s going to be a true test of the capacity of these systems,” Lawler said. “I would encourage people to please try to conserve water.”
Aledo Drought Contingency Plan, Stage I
• Watering with hose-end sprinklers or irrigation systems is limited to Sundays and Thursdays for customers with a street address ending in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6 or 8), and Saturdays and Wednesdays for water customers with a street address ending in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7 or 9); irrigation of landscaped areas is further limited to the hours of 4 a.m. to 8 a.m. and between 8 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. on designated watering days. However, irrigation of landscaped areas is permitted at anytime if it is by means of a hand-held hose, a faucet filled bucket or watering can of five (5) gallons or less, or drip irrigation system.
• No washing of motor vehicles, except on designated watering days between the hours of 8 p.m. and 10 a.m. Washing of vehicles shall be done with a hand-held bucket or hose equipped with a positive shutoff nozzle. Vehicle washing is permitted any time on the immediate premises of a commercial car wash or service station.
• No filling of swimming pools, except on designated watering days between the hours of 8 p.m. and 10 a.m.
• No operation of ornamental fountains or ponds, except when there is a recirculation system.
• Restaurants shall not serve water, except upon the request of patrons.
•No washing of buildings/structures, sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts or other hard-surfaced areas.
• No use of water for dust control and flushing gutters or water running in any gutter or street.
• Repair a controllable leak(s) within a reasonable period after having been given notice directing the repair of such leak(s).
For more information, call Aledo City Hall at 817-441-7016.
Willow Park stage four water conservation plan.
Addresses ending in even numbers are allowed to water outside on Thursdays only from the hours of 4 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Addresses ending in odd numbers are allowed to water outside on Wednesdays from the hours of 4 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Outside watering is prohibited on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Shrubs, foundations and trees may be watered at any time using only a hand held hose with a restrictor nozzle.
Violations of ordinance 591-09 will be fined up to 500 dollars per offense.
Under Stage II of Hudson Oaks’ water restrictions, residents are asked to voluntarily restrict watering to Monday and Thursday for even-numbered addresses, and Tuesday and Friday for odd-numbered addresses.
Residents are asked not to water on Wednesdays, Saturday or Sunday, and to avoid watering between the hours of 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. any day.
Under Deer Creek Phase III restrictions, water users have mandatory even-odd watering Monday and Thursday for even-numbered addresses, and Tuesday and Friday for odd-numbered addresses.
Residents may not to water on Wednesdays, Saturday or Sunday, or between the hours of 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. any day.
Aledo Ladycats JV at Brewer Tournament, Time TBA
Aledo Ladycats Varsity at A&M Consolidated Tournament, College Station, Time TBA
Aledo Bearcats Varsity at Southwest and Arlington Heights Tournament, Times TBA.
Aledo Bearcats JV at Granbury Tournament, Times TBA.
Aledo Bearcats Freshmen at Weatherford Tournament, Times TBA.
Aledo Ladycats and Bearcats at Boswell
Aledo Middle School at Stephenville
Aledo Middle School vs. Brock at Brock High School, 4:30 pm
Aledo Varsity at Chisholm Trail Tournament, all day
Aledo Bearcats Varsity Black and Orange at Bearcat Brawl at Split Rail Links and Golf Club.
Aledo Bearcats vs. Burleson at Bearcat Stadium, JV 5:30 pm and Varsity 7:00 pm. *Senior Night & District Game
Aledo Ladycats at Burleson, JV 5:30 pm and Varsity 7:00 pm. *District Game
Aledo Ladycats at Burleson Centennial, JV 5:30 pm and Varsity 7:00 pm. *District Game
Aledo Bearcats Varsity at Abilene Tournament, Times TBA.
Aledo Bearcats JV at Boswell Tournament, Times TBA.
Aledo Bearcats Freshmen at Richland Tournament, Times TBA.
Aledo Ladycats and Bearcats Varsity Orange at Brock High School Tournament at Canyon West Golf Course.
Aledo Bearcats JV vs. Joshua at AHS Baseball Field, 6:00 pm. *District Game
Aledo Bearcats Freshmen at Joshua, 6:00 pm. *District Game.